(available on Amazon Kindle)
Vikki Vaught asked me to create two covers that would match the style of her original cover for Lost Pleasures Found.
We're both very happy with the outcome.
Take a look at my latest covers for my own self-published books (on
(click on cover for purchase info)
1. Go to PAYPAL and Click SEND MONEY
2. Enter the EMail address email@example.com in SEND TO
3. Enter the Cover # and your EMail address in COMMENTS
4. Contact me with your EMail address and I will send a PayPal request to you.
You can pay via credit card, echeck or direct bank payment.
5. Provide me with cover # and your EMail address in the message field.
6. Once I receive cleared payment, I will contact you for title and author information.
All cover art copyright 2011
1. Who are you?
I'm Rickey Mallory. I write as Mallory Kane for Harlequin Intrigue. I also have books out with Imajinn Books. I have 18 years of experience designing covers. It's one of my favorite things to do.
2. What are your credentials?
I've created covers for numerous electronic and print publishers. Some of my clients include Dreams Unlimited Electronic Publishing (out of business,) SWP (out of business,) Imajinn Books, Fictionworks, Speculation Press, and Booklocker, as well as numerous individuals who have requested covers. Click "past cover commissions" at the top of the page to see some of these covers.
3. How can I buy one of your premade covers?
You can pay through PayPal, using a credit card or echeck or direct bank payment. See the purchase information above.
4. Why are some covers a more expensive than others?
The artwork on some of the covers is much more complicated, or the cover took a lot more time to design. Also, on some designs, I purchased stock art.
5. Speaking of art, where do you get the art you use on the covers?
My husband is an accomplished photographer. He does a lot of the artwork. I paint and do photography myself. Sometimes I use free photos, and occasionally I have purchased stock photos.
6. What if I want a custom cover?
EMail me and I'll be glad to discuss your needs and give you a price on a custom-made cover.
7. Why are custom-made covers more expensive than standard or premium covers?
Custom-made covers are priced by time and number of edits. Many times, covers designed to order take a lot longer and are more complicated than many of my premade covers.
8. Do you also format print books?
No. I only do covers. I can provide you with a spine or back graphic for an additional cost, but I do not format books.
9. I don't know anything about cover design. How do I get my name and the title of the book onto the cover?
You don't have to worry about that. I deliver your cover to you with your title and author name in the font indicated. You receive your cover ready to upload or print.
10. These covers look really easy. Why should I pay you for a cover when I can do it myself?
Please go right ahead with my blessing.
by Rickey R. Mallory